"I AM AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE OPTIMIST.
THE HOPER OF FAR FLUNG HOPES, THE DREAMER OF IMPROBABLE DREAMS."

Sunday 19 July 2020

My Multi talented Hero........I call him Achan...

        Somehow I feel that I often mention about my Mom more in this blog. Perhaps she is my best friend can be one among the reasons. I have the freedom to discuss anything under the sun with her! I have never felt that she is older than me. Best friends, indeed!
        But, Dad? I never see my Dad like a friend. But someone whom I can always look up-to; my inspiration, my strength. It is better not to mention a fact that, " A Daughter is her Father's princess from the day she is born and a Father is always his daughter's first hero in life." Mine as well............ My Dad is my constant pillar of support and guidance. The only person whom I can approach when taking major decisions in life and I'm glad that he has always stood beside me with support, till date. He is a huge tree shading my brother and me all the time.
         People say that I resemble my Dad, and my brother like my Mom. During my childhood I always hated this comment! The childish me always wanted to look like my beautiful Mom. However, I always used to boast that I am intelligent like my father. Yes, I was too proud that my father was a genius in many aspects and silently happy that I had many characteristics similar to him. We both are creative, we draw and paint, we write, we stitch and we love Mathematics, to play with numbers! We have quite a few differences in opinion as well.
     
**************
        Many of Dad's attributes still fascinate me. One among them is the way he utilizes time. I have never seen him wasting time till date. Be it reading, writing, repairing or stitching , he is always engaged; no idle time. If there is anything to be repaired at home, my Dad is the first technician always approached. I always wonder how a first rank holder in Meteorology from CUSAT makes use of a sewing machine like a pro!
   
 **************

         I was studying in my 5th or 6th grade to be precise, when we deiced to build a new home. My Dad was the sole architect and plan creator of this house. I can't explain the excitement I had when for the first time Dad showed me a hand drawn picture of our new home and explained about it! The name of the house was also decided beforehand. 'Woodnil'. The name defines it! A house constructed without utilizing a single piece of wood. An idea that struck my Scientist Dad when he was doing a research project on ' Impact of Deforestation on Hydrological Parameters'. The great visionary then foresaw that this dream home of our's will be an achievement. And yes, his prediction was correct. It got featured in the Limca Book of Records in the year 2009 . This was the first time when I witnessed his joy, pride and excitement personally. The happiness was evident on his face. After tiring, years of hard work and completing the construction of 'Woodnil' under his sole supervision, receiving an award is truly remarkable. Cheers Dad!
                                                
***************

        After retirement, when someone writes and publishes a literary work it can be just a result of a pastime activity. However, the situation was different in my Dad's case. He had written so many one-act-plays during his youthhood; creations as a result of sleepless nights when migraine made him remain awake. This activity somehow reduced the intensity of the throbbing headache. My Dad procrastinated in publishing these noteworthy dramas till his retirement. Thus, the book titled 'Monjula Monthakal' was released in 2016. 
        I should not forget to mention about the books, 'Nammude Anthareekshavum Kalavasthagadagangalum' and 'Woodnil & 101 Tips' published in 2012 and 2014 respectively before his retirement. The former is a guide on atmospheric conditions and climatic changes, a simple and interesting prose on nature and environment. The latter, as the name suggests give an insight about 'Woodnil and other tips' which can be used in home construction. This book also got featured in the Limca Book of Records as the first book on own previous record! But my favourites among these are 'Monjula Monthakal' and also 'Chelulla Chekuthanmar' published in 2019.
        Though both are humorous in genre, the latter consists of short stories. To some extend I feel that both have satirical sense of humor. My Dad's writing is truly commendable because I was unable to make out which chapter is the best in these books, incomparable! Hats off Dad!
        Another thing to be highlighted is the sketches printed in both the books were drawn and hand painted by my father himself. A multi talented human being indeed! Touch-wood. From anything to everything, he does single handedly, efficiently and cheerfully; long way to go Dad, my Achan! Keep inspiring us!...........


    


1 comment:

  1. Your Blog is really informative. I really like it keep share these kind of blogs. MyAssignmentHelp.co.uk has proved to be one of the consummate providers in the assiduity of assignment writing service. Scholars can ask for help we give Oxford Essay Assignment help service online with assignment help covering nearly all being areas of study ranging from operation, trades, mathematics, drugs, to nursing as well. Our services rest on two introductory principles being quality and authenticity and as soon as you deliver your request; our assignment experts will guide you with a result within the handed deadlines.

    ReplyDelete