"I AM AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE OPTIMIST.
THE HOPER OF FAR FLUNG HOPES, THE DREAMER OF IMPROBABLE DREAMS."

Wednesday 23 December 2015

The Empty Mailbox!!....

         It is the festive season...Christmas and New Year round the corner. Colorfully lit stars mark the journey of Christmas season and finally the pyrotechnics on the New Year eve will give an end to the month long celebration dramatically!..
         Gladly, in spite of the busy schedule we do receive a text message, an email or the latest invention of Whats-app message with a forwarded wish during these days. The same wish which gets circulated to all in a cyclic form!
         Everybody when busy checking their inbox, forgets the mailbox mounted near the front door....Literally it remains empty always!!
         But, there were times when I had a whole bunch of cards waiting for me to be read in the mailbox. Receiving a beautiful card and sending another in return......Those goodwill days!...I miss them.
         I remember when Amma and myself used to wait for my half yearly examination to conclude and then take me out to buy those wonderful cards. She always insisted me to be selective when buying the cards. There were some cards selected keeping in mind the character and taste of the recipient. Along with family- friends and relatives, I too used to sent a few cards to my classmates. Their mailing addresses were carefully jotted down on the last day of the examination with a teddy hug and a prospective wish to meet them the next year.
                                                                       * * * * * *
          The cards were with utmost care and attention designated to the concerned person with individual handwritten messages. It was my duty to paste the stamp on it with Dad's instruction. Then, stamps were always available at home. Dad kept them in stock; unlike these days. I doubt whether the present generation will be ever able to feel them! I remember the posts to foreign nations were given more priority and care, with more number of stamps on it. Then when I couldn't figure out the reason for it!
          The cards used to flood our mailbox as soon as the vacation starts, mostly a week ahead of Christmas. We even did receive some cards a week after New Year Celebration. All credits to the timely postal service in India!!
          There had been times when we would receive at least a card each day or a handwritten message in the form of inland. Those days the courier service was not much common and everybody had to rely on posts. Indeed there were some recipients who used to make a call and thank us for the note worthy deed and vice versa.
                                                                     * * * * * *
          Those days have changed...Technology has improved to a much wider extent than our limits.....Each and every material substance has undergone improvisation!..But, of late I miss those undeveloped little compounds which gave me inner joy...
          The mailbox in no time will be abandoned! Though emails and SMS spread a smile on our face, I really feel it lacks the sentimental attachment, love, the joy of concern and care...and most importantly the sense of remembrance!!....

6 comments:

  1. Hello Rakhi Deep,
    I have read your post and it is very much interesting post. I am working in Vancouver pr agency and only on christmas and on new year we got few holidays in a year. I am also very excited these days. Because we go on family trip and we get really relaxed these days. Keep posting. Thanks for your post.
    Best regards
    Larissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great post, Thank you for sharing this knowledge. Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. And if you have free time, visit on my page on moscow mule copper mug. Please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed. I would love to hear more from you, keep posting. And thanks for sharing your opinion with us.
    Best regards
    tree stump removal erie pa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, It is really good post. New year is my favorite festive. I have read your post. It is so interesting. I have searched Towing Des Moines company. I searched USA car towing services is best. Thanks for sharing a post. keep posting.

    ReplyDelete