"I AM AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE OPTIMIST.
THE HOPER OF FAR FLUNG HOPES, THE DREAMER OF IMPROBABLE DREAMS."

Monday 8 February 2016

Stay flawed....Stay beautiful.....!

         "You are what you eat."...This quote was something which I heard during my schooldays....the usual narrator being my Mom.
          While in college it was replaced with.."You are what you wear."....the beginning of the casual teenage dressed up era, when hip-hop to multitude of colours splashed in the campus world!
           But, it was never.."You are what you are masked." or to be more precise, "You are to be concealed."
                                                        * * * * * *
          Girls, as teenage arrives the pimples and acne begin to pop up. Those beautiful red, bulged three dimensional bumps!..Luckily, some are devoid of these protuberances. But, when you are affected, there begins the drama....How to conceal?...
            In my case, it was always occasional and still is. During the adolescent age when I did get few pimples, it was a total stranger to me. All disturbed and distracted..But, gladly Amma had some home remedies to get rid of them and my Dad's advice as not to give much attention, both together worked for me.
           I always love to dress up. This bug had bitten me off during college days. I give much importance to clothes then and now and remains to stay beautiful in my own perspective; though I am not a fashionista. A well combed hair, a dash of kajal and at times a lip colour...that's it!..I'm done!..
            But I have seen many in the adolescent age to much older ones concealed quite enough to hide all their flaws. A flawless skin is what they dream of. Whatever they use from concealer, foundation, blush, etc. to the many more substances which I am literally unaware of shields off their natural skin...similar to camouflaging!...
            How wonderful it is to remain without any make up...Your flawed skin, be it oily or dry, fair or dark, pimpled or devoid of them, scar-ful or scar-less....it is amazing to remain 'the original'!..
           I have seen people who are concealed or masked even in the shelter of their homes...with full on make up. Is this what is called beauty?...Did the Almighty create oneself to remain under the layered shield on their face?....Many a times I wish to see them at least once in life devoid of this disguised appearance......to mesmerize in their natural beauty...to love their flawed skin and to enjoy it from dawn to dusk!!...
            Let us appreciate the street vendors, the rag pickers, the laborers....for their unique identity...their unique skin with not a pinch to camouflage!..
           Stay unique, stay original..because "You are what you are."........You are beautiful! 
 

2 comments: